CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Delta Therapy Dogs is a national non-profit organisation with a purpose of helping animals bring joy to people. Delta is calling for expressions of interest for a volunteer Non-Executive Director to join the Board of Directors.
We aim to maintain a Board with a broad range of expertise relevant to our purpose and help us with an ambitious and exciting agenda to transform our value proposition that is currently underway. To do this we are seeking board members with skills and experience in any of the following areas:
• Accounting & Finance, to sit on Finance and Risk Committee.
• Education – RTO operations, RTO compliance, e-learning, adult education. Delta Institute, a subsidiary, operates Australia’s foremost Certificate IV course in Animal Behaviour & Training.
• Animal behaviour and veterinary medicine, positive reward-based only dog training.
• Aged Care – management, medical, nursing and therapeutic issues.
• Substantial business experience at a senior level in one or more of the above areas of expertise.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate well with people at all levels.
• Ability to guide the organisation’s adherence to legal, regulatory and constitutional requirements in relation to the organisation’s activities.
• Well-networked and willing to use their contacts when appropriate for the benefit of the organisation.
• Passionate about promoting the benefits of the human animal bond which binds all of Delta’s programs.
• A willingness to “get your hands dirty” by participating in Delta’s day-to-day activities where appropriate.
• Prior Board experience and/or formal director qualifications from the Australian Institute of Company Directors
or similar bodies will be highly regarded although is not obligatory.
We hold five Board meetings, and one annual all day strategic planning meeting per annum. Board meetings are a mixture of face to face and online meetings. Meetings are usually held on weekday afternoons from 4pm-6pm.
Delta is a Sydney based organisation and face to face meetings are typically conducted in the CBD. However, all our meetings include video conference facilities, so Directors may be based anywhere in Australia.
How to apply
Please send your resume including cover letter addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com. Only those applications with cover letters will be considered. For any queries please contact Melinda on 0420 370 302. Applications close on April 24th 2022.
Our values include living a culture that has integrity, is purpose-focused, accountable and supportive. The positive impact of the human-animal bond is at the heart of what we do.
Our charity delivers a number of programs around Australia in line with our purpose, including Delta Therapy Dogs, Paws the Pressure, Delta Dog Safe and Classroom Canines.
Our training division is the Delta Institute, a registered training organisation (RTO) governed by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). Our philosophy is working only in evidence-based, positive, reward-based animal training methods, and we currently deliver the Certificate IV in Animal Behaviour and Training. We also have a graduate membership program for professional dog trainers.