Delta Society Australia is a national non-profit organisation with a purpose of helping animals bring joy to people.
We are currently seeking a board member with skills and experience in any of the following areas:
• Education – RTO operations, RTO compliance, e-learning, adult education
• Animal behaviour and veterinary medicine, positive reward-based only dog training
• Treasurer – Accounting and budget development including financial health reports to board meetings
• Lawyer, Risk/OHS management and fundraising
• Aged Care – management, medical, nursing and therapeutic issues
• Substantial business experience at a senior level in one or more of the above areas of expertise
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate well with people at all levels
• Ability to guide the organisation’s adherence to legal, regulatory and constitutional requirements in relation to the Society’s activities
• Well-networked and willing to use their contacts when appropriate for the benefit of the organisation
• Passionate about promoting the benefits of the human animal bond which binds all of Delta’s programs
• A willingness to “get your hands dirty” by participating in Delta’s day-to-day activities where appropriate
• Board experience and/or formal director qualifications from the Australian Institute of Company Directors or similar bodies will be highly regarded
Time commitment: we tend to hold five Board meetings, one annual all day strategic planning meeting and occasional video meetings, as required. Board meetings are usually held on weekday afternoons from 3.30pm. Each of our non-executive directors are members of the Board sub-committees, which meet quarterly or six monthly.
Location: meetings are conducted either face to face at the AICD office in Sydney or via video conference, so Directors may be based anywhere in Australia.
How to apply: Please send your resume including cover letter addressing the selection criteria to . Applications close on Thursday 6 May 2021.
About Delta Society Australia
Our values include living a culture that has integrity, is purpose-focused, accountable and supportive. The positive impact of the human-animal bond is at the heart of what we do.
Our charity delivers several programs around Australia in line with our purpose, including Delta Therapy Dogs, Paws the Pressure, Delta Dog Safe and Classroom Canines.
Our training division is the Delta Institute, a registered training organisation (RTO) governed by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). Our philosophy is working only in evidence-based, positive, reward-based animal training methods, and we currently deliver the Certificate IV in Companion Animal Services. We also have a graduate membership program for professional dog trainers.